Summer Music Program
Since 1962, the Niagara Symphony Orchestra (NSO) Summer Music Camp (SMC) has inspired and encouraged young musicians from the Niagara Region and beyond. We offer music instruction in a fun, inclusive day-camp atmosphere and welcome campers of all abilities
Summer Music Camp runs for two 2-week sessions, starting the week after school ends.
- Session 1: for campers 18 months to grade 6. JULY 3 - 14, 2017
- Session 2: for campers in senior kindergarten to grade 3 and grades 6 to 10. JULY 17 - 28, 2017
Bursaries are available thanks to generous community and individual donors and sponsors.
For more information, please contact the NSO Outreach & Communications Manager at 905-687-4993 ext. 223 or email BJ Armstrong.
Campers learn from highly qualified instructors; members of the SMC teaching faculty are professional musicians and music educators, dedicated to nurturing a love of music and its performance while developing strong technical and ensemble skills. SMC apprentice staff members are enthusiastic young musicians; many are former campers eager to blend learning with fun.
SMC is presented in partnership with Ridley College, St. Catharines. Campers learn, perform and enjoy recreational activities in Ridley’s excellent facilities on a beautiful, secure campus.
Campers enjoy a full and varied schedule that includes:
- Daily recitals featuring faculty and guest artists
- Approx. 32 hours of Masterclasses in each two-week session
- Orchestra, Concert Band, String Ensemble, Jazz Band or Choir participation
- Specialized, age-appropriate Early Years programming in both sessions
- Supervised outdoor recreation and daily crafts
- Every camper participates in SMC Concerts